Driving A Harness Horse Step-by-Step Guide Walrond
TheHorseStudio.com Copyrighted Review:- This book is a very helpful resource from one of the most renowned and respected driving professionals and driving judges Sallie Walrond. This is a high quality production book from J. Allen of the UK of the British legend Sally and she has once again put her knowledge in the hands of the amateur or professional with great generosity....... (click on image for full details)
$35.95 in stockSKU 1990490
TheHorseStudio.com Copyrighted Review: This book is a very helpful resource from one of the most renowned and respected driving professionals and driving judges Sallie Walrond. This is a high quality production book from J. Allen of the UK of the British legend Sally and she has once again put her knowledge in the hands of the amateur or professional with great generosity.
The photos and drawings lend a super British edge to the book. The succinct and enthusiastic advice here covers step by step what every driver can easily attain for themselves with the correct knowledge and approach or technique. What are Tilbury Tugs? And what is false breeching? How do you adjust the coupling reins for a pair? But as a beginner, where do you start in this bewildering maze of tack and costume and carriage and horse? It's all here, logically organized from beginning to showing, from how to transport you turn out to how to harness and what to wear.
A lovely book, well written and well worth the read. Recommended.
Other items you might want to order:
- Breaking A Horse To Harness Sallie Walrond$39.95 $45.00 in stockExpert Advice Takes You From Start To Finish.TheHorseStudio.com review: In my opinion this is THE book to read to learn how to start your horse in the world of carriage driving! Excellent. Great color photographs accompany the step by step instructions from world renowned judge and trainer Sallie Walrond...... (click on image for full details)1991115
- Velstra Driving School Tjeerd Velstra Part 2.$34.95 $39.95 in stockWho wouldn't wish to sit next to twice Four In hand Driving World Champion Tjeerd and have the benefit of his sound advice as they confront the issues that training and working your horse in harness may produce? This is a very detailed look at aspects of driving the four in hand team, and explains the 'velstra' Achenbach method ( see our book listed on this subject), and the two hand system........(click on image for full details)1810241
- Competition Carriage Driving HRH The Duke of Edinburgh$74.95 in stockThis is the revised and enlarged edition and is super witty and full of great tips and insights. From HRH Duke Of Edinburgh this title covers all experience in the combined field from preparation through success in competition.......(click on image for full details)1990472
- Competition Carriage Driving On A Shoestring. Jinny Johnson$19.95 in stockThis is a book with special assistance for the novice single horse or pony driver - how to enter and compete in combined driving on a shoestring. From Uk Publisher J Allen, and written by the well respected driving commissioner Jinny Johnson...... (click on image for full details)1990476
- The Encyclopedia of Carriage Driving Sallie Walrond$42.00 in stockIt is of course an excellent Britannica for the horse driver but also a fun cover to cover educational read. This is a valuable reference guide that you will return to again and again and you can be sure when you do the answer will be found within the pages here. It includes full details of handling of the whip and reins, for single, pair, tandem, team driving, vehicles and their aspects, harness all types and details and easily provides a super read even from cover to cover as the illustrations are very good and the items to be learned including historical figures very interesting. ...... (click on image for full details)1991206