Laura Bechtolsheimer The Baby and the Finished Horse
Save 20% Limited Time. TheHorseStudio.com Copyrighted Review:-
What a terrific insight into Laura's life with horses. Frank and open, funny and engaging, Laura shares the behind the scenes experience of the British Nationals with her horse Andretti, her father Dr. B translates Klaus Balkenhol's instructions as he gives Laura a lesson with her Olympic partner, the incomparable Alf. As all of you that compete know, sometimes things do not go smoothly, and the warm up the Nationals is no exception.........(click on image for full details)
TheHorseStudio.com Copyrighted Review:-
What a terrific insight into Laura's life with horses. Frank and open, funny and engaging, Laura shares the behind the scenes experience of the British Nationals with her horse Andretti, her father Dr. B translates Klaus Balkenhol's instructions as he gives Laura a lesson with her Olympic partner, the incomparable Alf. As all of you that compete know, sometimes things do not go smoothly, and the warm up the Nationals is no exception. Coping with hiccups is all part of being a competitor and Laura comes through with flying colors. Especially liked the piece at the end with Laura chatting directly to the camera and sharing her horses up close and personal.
Please note: This is a copyrighted review and may only be published elsewhere with credit clearly denoted as "TheHorseStudio.com, The International Equestrian Shop" and with a link to The Horse Studio website URL if published online. Thank you for respecting our copyright.
Laura takes us from one end of the training spectrum to the other in Laura Bechtolsheimer – The Baby and the Finished Horse. Working with her four year old Stepdance (Step) she demonstrates the focus of training in the very early days. Laura then showcases her Grand Prix horse and Olympic partner Mistral Hojris (Alf), who is at the top of his game.
This DVD is broken down into the following chapters:
• Laura Starts the Four-Year Old Stepdance – Using simple and unusual equipment, Laura lunges Stepdance (Step) in preparation for riding. She emphasizes the use of body language and the need to move with the horse.
• An Early Ridden Session – The aim is harmony and balance to achieve the right rhythm and speed. “The cooperation of a happy baby is a prerequisite for creating a beautiful Grand Prix Horse,” say Dr. Bechtolsheimer, Laura’s father and trainer.
• Laura’s Lesson on Mistral Hojris with Klaus Balkenhol – Here’s the finishes horse, Laura’s Olympic partner, Mistral Hojris (Alf). The there is self-carriage, suppleness and expression. Alf is poetry to watch!
• Laura Talks about Step and Alf – We find out about the character and conformation of Step and Alf and what Laura loves most about them.
• Laura Rides at the Nationals – Laura competes at the British National Championships ’08 with another grand prix horse, Andretti H. We follow Laura through the competition including the warm-up and the tests. Find out what happened!
Laura Bechtolsheimer was the youngest rider to win the National Championships and to represent Great Britain in dressage. She made her Olympic debut in 2008, and in 2009 won Team Silver and Individual Bronze at the FEI European Championships at Windsor setting a new Great Britain record. In 2010, she won three Silver Medals at the World Equestrian Games in Kentucky, including Team Silver. In 2011 she won a Team Gold Medal at the FEI European Championships at Rotterdam and in 2012 Olympic Gold as part of the British team.
60 mins. NTSC USA/Canada format
- Donnerhall. Private Pictures of a Monument.$19.95 $35.00 in stockPortrait of an exceptional horse.1810226